The biggest event held at the Boone Home, where Joe works, is the Candlelight Tours. It is a trip that visitors can take into the past to see how christmas was in the 1800's. The entire village is lit with only candles, laterns and several bonfires. The people are acting as you come into each building and doing what they would be doing in the past. It has kept Joe pretty busy trying to make sure it all went smoothly. During the events the earliest he came home was around 12:30 am. Brindi and I went out the second weekend to see the event. Brindi didn't last long but we did see several of the vignettes. Some of my favorites included a lady talking at a mill about spices and then related the story to the spices and gifts that were given to the Christ child. The chapel was filled with choirs singing christmas music all night long. There was a carpenter, who looked a lot like santa, with his wife there nagging him to hurry and finish the chair he was making all the while she is talking his ear off and asking him all kinds of questions about what to wear for the party that night, what to make to eat and such. It was really comical and they were great actors. There was a black lady telling a stable boy what christmas was like as a slave. Daniel Boone was also there telling christmas traditions of the Boone family. But the best act was a lady who recounted the history of how Santa Claus came to be and ended with the story that gave the first description of how we see santa today, The Night Before Christmas. It was amazing! All in all the night was pretty good with Hot cocoa and cider to keep our bellies warm.
8 comments:
Great pictures! Joe, I don't know how you do it, it looks great from the pictures though. Is it snowing there? I can only dream of a white Christmas here in Searcy. Oh well. I made peanut butter pie again today. Very bad. We hope you guys have so much fun!
Yay! I'm glad you liked them, I just couldn't resist and I thought she could use them in the frigid weather you guys are experiencing.
I love that picture of her on the horse. I put Cade on one of our friends and he freaked out!
The Candlelight tour looks awesome.
Weenie! You are gorgeous!
That is neat. Brindi is so adorable. I can't wait to see her in a week!
That sounds like such a neat thing to see! I love those little hats! Tansey does such a great job! She is getting so darn cute!
What a fun Christmas experience, that sounds so neat. Way to go, Joe! It does sound like lots of work for you. It seems like it was worth it, though.
I love the new Christmas pictures!
Your header is way cute. Will you add chelseawinsor@gmail.com so I can follow you on Google Reader? Thanks...
Post a Comment