Monday, May 11, 2009

Bridging the Gap

This past weekend we headed north to Quincy, IL so Celeste could Bridge the Gap to Health through a Half-Marathon focused around becoming healthy. I was so proud of Celeste for running and for doing so well. She has been training hard since February. I am also thankful to Marlen who volunteered to train and run the half-marathon with Celeste, which got me off the hook:) There was a 5K run and walk, a 10K and a Half-Marathon. There were four women from the ward that ran the race, which Celeste was the first to cross the finish line, that's my girl! She was hoping to make it under 2 hours and was right there at the end. She was so happy to be finished and though she was hoping to run in St. George, when she found out she did not get drawn she was relieved. She is still contemplating the full marathon and looking at a couple more half-marathons coming up in the Fall. My wife is pretty amazing!Headed down the home stretch.
Thanks Amber for the cute "Team Lovell" shirt you made for Brindi. She was right there cheering on her mom.
The two bridges you see behind us were part of the race. It was a pretty cool course crossing the mississippi several times.

10 comments:

Bret and Amy said...

Way do go Celeste. You need to come run with Kari, Robert, David and I on Labor day. Robert and David did really well last year 2 and 3. Of course it was a small crowd.

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! That would be cool if you ran a marathon and qualified for the Boston.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

You go girl!!! I miss my jogging partner! I am so proud of you. I don't thing I could have made it! You look so darn good in those pictures! Joe, you are a lucky man!

Anonymous said...

wow, you are my hero! way to go! i'm so excited to see you!!

matesen said...

Congrats Celeste! You are amazing and an inspiration to me :)!

Cam and Josie said...

Go Celeste! You are amazing!

Brett and Nette said...

Thats so awesome Celeste! I'm starting to train for the Logan Utah half marathon in August...so we will see how that goes since i've never been into distance running. :) Brindi is so cute!

Meagan Rogers said...

Wow you are so awesome. I've never been able to motivate myself to run more than 2 miles. What a great accomplishment! And you look great too. Little skinny pants.

Jackee said...

Way to go Celeste! That is a great accomplishment. So when were you planning to be in St. George?

The Chambers said...

Congrats lady! That is quite impressive. I wish I was there to have done it with you, I don't have enough guts to train and do one, but it is on my to do list in life. Quincy is beautiful, especially over by those bridges...I'm so proud of you! You are amazing! Seriously :)