Friday, March 13, 2009

Doctors appointments, Interviews, haircuts, and becoming a cookie monster.

This week Brindi has been dragged around and around. Tuesday she had her 9 month check up. She is 27 1/2 long (50%), I honestly don't think she grew at all. She weights 16 lbs 11 oz (10%) and her head is 43.7 cm(45%). She had to get three shots, I think she knew they were coming because she did not want to lay on the table, but she was all better and happy when the nurse gave her a vanilla wafer...the nurse knew the way to her heart. Thursday she had to come along with me to do some interviews for the two final papers that I have to write for my classes. The ladies at the TH loved her! They kept taking turns holding her and each of them had to give her a hug before we left. She did pretty good considering that we were there for over two hours and she had to just sit there and listen to mom ask questions. Of course it helped that the program director kept giving her girl scout cookies. She was of course in heaven! It was kind of funny actually. The lady I was interviewing left to get me some papers so I would know what she was talking about and the PD came in and saw the cookies on the table so she started to open a box, Brindi was sitting on my lap staring at the PD, the PD then went to the kitchen to get some scissors to open one of the bags of cookies and Brindi kept pushing me away and trying to look into the kitchen. When the PD came back out Brindi kept going "huh,huh" that's her way of saying she wants some. So of course the PD gave her not just one, but two and then when we were walking out the door she gave her another one for the road...I don't know if she's ever had that much sugar before, but she loved it! I really think we have created a cookie monster between the doctor's office and the TH. Joe and I really do try to feed her healthy, but it was a room full of Grandma's so there wasn't much I could do...you know Grandma's they get their way with their grandkids and everyone else's grandkids. Afterwords we went to Costco and the mall since I was dying to just go anywhere(oh the joys of one car) And before I knew it, it was time to pick up Joe. After picking him up we stopped by this salon and spa where I had a coupon for a free haircut. Well they said that they could cut right then so I said okay since Brindi was asleep in her car seat and Joe said he had work that he could do while they waited. Needless to say after our day of running around she was beat! I'm sure glad she is a good baby and will just indulge her mom a little.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

BABIES AND SUGAR... Easton is absolutely addicted. She probably has a Petersen or Lovell gene in her causing some of that. I didn't realize you have one car. Do you take Joe to work everyday? Our Jetta isn't working so I am always without a car. I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can walk to more places!

Mary said...

That little girl is so cute! You know anywhere she goes she will get spoiled! She is working it! I miss you guys!

Meagan Rogers said...

Now that she's had her sugar taste tempted there's no going back! Glad you guys are doing well. Wish we lived closer.

lizzylovell said...

I use to try really hard to keep the kids away from sugar. I haven’t given up totally yet but when Grandpa gets a hold of them all the rules go out the window. Even Mike takes them to the candy store. Good Luck when Grandpa and Grandma come to visit!!!

Bret and Amy said...

We are all addicted what can I say. JaCee is my only semi sane child when it comes to sugar. The rest...watch out! The joys of one car, How come it is when we are far away that happens? I only had one car in Houston for a long time.

Jackee said...

It sounds like she was a good girl. It is much easier to keep treats away from the first one (maybe even the first few), but once you have older children, it gets a little difficult. They are always "sharing" with the baby. Of course, the baby is the only one they will share with.