Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wilderness Survival...Final Grade...F


So Brindi and I thought that we would tag along with Joe this last weekend as he taught a wilderness survival class out by the Boone home. Well it ended up there was only one girl in the whole class and she didn't want to sleep by herself so me thinking it will be fun(Yeah right), decided to camp out with her. Wow was that a big mistake. Don't get me wrong it started off great. We got our 4 trash bags that we were allowed and our 12 pieces of string and got to work and in no time we had a great little tent like thing...it was slanted so one end was touching the ground and then the other end was tall enough for us to sit up in. The problem was, we could still see out the sides and out the top...and anything could see us and on top of that we couldn't have a fire! Well it was still light so it didn't dawn on us that this wasn't the best set up for two babies out in the woods. Anyway, so Joe brought Brindi so she could eat one more time and then he left to go check on all the boys, which by the way were about 1/2 mile down on the other side of the road, down the hill, and over the creek (meaning VERY far away). Well by the time he came back to get Brindi it was pitch black, sure there were stars, but we couldn't see them because of all the trees. Well we had been waiting for him for about an hour and I was standing there with this little girl all snuggled up asleep(Boy was I jealous of her) staring into this forest imaging all the crazy things that COULD be out there. So he said he wanted to leave us the car so that we could come in if we wanted to so we drop him off at the Van Bibber house (yeah, that's right he is sleeping inside a warm nice house! How Rude huh...just kidding someone had to watch Brindi) and we head back out to our little tent...well...after searching 10 minutes in the dark we finally find it and about 2 seconds later we are scared out of our wits so we run to the car and decided we'll sleep in it...(I'm sure if some one was watching and listening they would have gotten a good laugh out of it) well shorter version of an already long story after about 10minutes we ended up at the Van Bibber house. So unless you are going camping with a tent/camper, a fire and more then 2 people I don't think it is a good idea to invite me because I have a tendency to scare anyone I am with into going anywhere safe and warm. Needless to say Joe informed me I received an F... And that's fine with me as long as I never have to do it again.

5 comments:

Jackee said...

Celeste, you are so cute. You made my whole day. Your post made me laugh. I do think it's quite interesting that the Wilderness Survival teacher got to stay in a house. Maybe he needs to be referred to a scripture. I like 2nd Nephi 31:12...

Keri said...

How funny! I'm actually kind of shocked that you made it that long Celeste. I would have bagged out once I saw the garbage bags!

Meagan Rogers said...

OH man that would have freaked me out too, but I'm just laughing because I can imagine exactly how you probably reacted that night. It's reminding me of that scary movie we went to in high school at the theater and you hid your head in your sweater the whole time!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for the invite. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. What a cute little family you have!

Winsor said...

I would take an F as well!