I am really glad Joe started this blog, it has become our family journal. So this is going to be a really boring post, but since this is our journal these are my thoughts right now about our move to Missouri. I know that it is a great chance that our Heavenly Father has given u

s. We can both work on school and Joe can get experience not only teaching, but also doing some rec supervising. I knew that it would be hard to be away from family, but I thought heck I've been away I should be okay, but for some reason this move has been 10x harder then Virginia or Idaho. Everyone that lives far away from family, I don't know how you do it. You would think it would get easier, but after 5 years the only place I want to be is in St. Johns or Leamington. I have realized that making a little more money isn't worth being away from family. Even without money you can have a lot more fun with family around. I just hope and pray that I can make the most of this experience, enjoy and learn what Heavenly Father wants me to learn (which is probably patience) and then get back home. I miss Arizona sunrises and s

unsets and having people to play cards with...and just talk with! I think going back to school is going to be a good thing for me...it will keep me so busy I won't have time to think about being homesick....but until then Christmas vacation for us in Utah is only 10 weeks away! It brings a smile to my face just to think about it!
7 comments:
That picture is awesome of the tree, it looks like it is on fire! I keep crossing my fingers that Joe and Co (hey that rhymes) move out to P-Town (payson) like he says he has wanted... so I can see the family more!! Course, that isn't Arizona or like the Leamington sunsets..
Celeste I am sorry I know how you feel I may not have the same insight, I blame it on the Marine Corp. I hope you guys make it closer to home soon. We really hope you make it home by time we do. Keep you head up and keep busy it helps.
We love and miss you all!
Lizzy
I think I cried the first 1 1/2 yrs. or so....I had an awful time which was really hard on Bret. As for being harder blame Brindi. Kids, family and grandparents aren't replacable no matter how many friends you have around. When we got an offer to move back Bret's boss offered more money, but Bret said we just needed Grandparents. I do hope one day you can get home. Enjoy being out there. I now wish I had spent less time being homesick and more time sight seeing. I will say that is ended up being great for our marriage and our testimonies. We both grew lots. Hang in there. Start a rook club, a play group, a book club and anything else to keep busy and make friends. It really helps. Sorry this is so long I should of just called. Love you.
We can't wait to see you at Christmas and Mike's family around Thanksgiving. Family is the best. I am blessed that I am in Utah.
Just think of how great it will be when you do get to spend that time with family. You will be able to appreciate it more. (maybe just keep thinking about everything that irritates you about your siblings and that will make you GLAD you are away from home!)
Hey Girl,
I totally know how you feel! Sorry I have not been able to call or talk as much on the phone! I will call you more! Try to be happy where you are. That is what dad always says! I know I am the last person to say that! I live in paradise and I am still homesick, but I am really trying to get out and enjoy these last few months. You will miss this time. Enjoy just having Brindi and go do things. Even if it costs a little money. You will be more happy and that will be easier on Joe too. You are such an inspiration to me! I love you so much and maybe someday we will be close enough to let our kidos play! I will call you soon!
Love ya!
Ok, so this story made me so sad! I only live a half hour from Leamington, and I would die if I had to be any further. Growing up in Leamington was priceless. I hope you guys can get home soon.
Post a Comment