We headed to my parents home in Leamington Utah for the 4th of July celebrations. I had a long weekend and decided it would be a good time to see family and also to bless Brindi over the weekend. We arrived late Wednesday and Thursday we kept busy. Celeste became my moms personal assistant as she continues to recover from her leg surgery. I was also able to help out on the farm by taking a stream of water and bailing some hay.
Thursday night was also the start of the volleyball tournament that we entered. My sister Chelsea and her Husband John teamed up with Celeste and I. We had a blast and did pretty good with close games but just couldn't pull most of them out as we went 1-2. One team abused us literally, giving my sister a bruised arm from a spike and another spike almost took Celeste's head off. They were big, strong, and athletic. To say the least we didn't stand a chance. Friday morning we enjoyed the Parade as we watch Grandpa Petersen ride on the veteran float and saw David on his all-star baseball float. Were lucky most of our neices and nephews love us as they were willing to give us some of their candy. After the parade we continued our volleyball championship pursuit as we entered the play-offs. We recruited my brother Jon Wren and sister Jackee, but we seemed to get the same results as we lost our first match and was out. But it was a really fun event.
My sisters and aunts gave Celeste a long-awaited baby shower. I want to thank you all for being good to my wife. That evening Celeste experienced her first Deomolition Derby, and it was a good one. Several cars were flipped and the Abbott Family continued to dominate the competition. This was a great holiday and a great vacation for us.



4 comments:
Aww--I love the 4th! Parades are so cheezy, but that's what I miss the most! (WA doesn't have a 4th of July parade). Brindi is such a cutie! It's amazing how they change every day : ) I hope you guys are having a fun summer!
I'll start having Brandt text you guys the red box promo codes on Mondays! I think he signed me up on their website 'cause now every Monday they text me. I'll have him let you guys know, so you can get free rentals :) We're sorry we didn't get to see you guys while you were here :( We hope to see you guys soon though!
Hey guys, Brindi is so dany cute. Wyatt was up at Nephi last night and was winning it with a 77 so we will see how he ends up. Do you guys live in Twin Falls now? We loved it there.
Celeste I am so glad everything is going well for you. Are you guys going to SJ for the 24th? I hope so, I would love to meet Brindi she is so sweet.
Post a Comment