Saturday, June 14, 2008

Brindi Rae

We just wanted to up date you all on our beautiful daughter. Brindi has been such a huge blessing in our lives. So far we think she is a pretty good mix of us both. She has Celeste's cheek bones and the hancock ears. She has my dads and my butt chin. She also has my eyes and the cursed Petersen toe. That is all we can make out so far and we know things will change as time goes by. But we are baffled by her long fingers. We do not know where those came from.
She is our cuddling bunny. She always wants to be held, we can't hardly put her down without her crying at us to pick her back up. So far Celeste has had trouble trying to get things done because she can't put her down very long. I think were probably spoiling her but hey, its our first born! She also does not like her bassinet or her swing (she is a little small for the swing). And she only likes to sleep with us. Last night I put her in her bassinet and she was sleeping pretty good for a while but then she realized where she was and woke up and started crying. We let her cry for a little while and finally I grabbed her and set her on the bed with us and immediately she stopped crying and fell asleep within a few seconds. Are you kidding me!
She is also a grunter. She is always grunting, moaning, and making any noise she can with that little body. It is actually really funny to listen to her. She also currently loves to touch her face with her little hands. She hates to have her body restricted. I try to wrap her up like a burrito but then she just squirms until she has freed her arms and then she starts kicking until she is free, all while grunting. Its quite the sight to see. Enjoy the pictures.





















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put these up! It is so exciting to see pictures of her. She is so, so cute :)

Anonymous said...

she's adorable! and celeste, motherhood agrees with you, you look gorgeous in that pic!

taytum said...

Celeste, you look so happy and beautiful in that picture of you and Brindi! In my opinion I don't think I have ever seen a prettier picture. I ditto what Jill said, motherhood seems to suit you well!

Cam and Josie said...

What a cute little thing--and what a little stinker about the sleeping! : ) Isn't it so funny how each little one has such a personality! I'm sure you two are having so much fun with her!

lizzylovell said...

Well it doesn’t sound like it is your bed anymore. Just be glad that she shares with you. Before you know it you will have 3 little ones wanting to share your bed. Invest in a king!!! Mike refuses.
I have to say I am jealous Celeste is way too photogenic. She is to cute for words.

us... said...

You guys she is so adorable! You better brake her of that bed habbit or she will be five and still in between ya:] Oh I love babies she is just so cute! Hope all is well and you are making a fast recovery celest:] if there is such a word as recovery:]

Felisha & Paul said...

Celeste it has been forever! Your baby is too dang cute! Congratulations!!!