
It is finally here, the NCAA 64 Tournament. This is the time of year I forget I am in school or have responsibilities and just sit on my couch and watch basketball all day. I thought I was going to be in trouble this year because we do not have a TV but this year all the games are going to be broadcasted over the internet. So I will be okay. This is one of the most exciting times of the year. Why? Because of the upsets, the cinderellas, the endurance, the Davids and Goliaths, and of course the brackets and pools. The major conferences and the mid-major conferences all combined for 3 weeks of some of the greatest basketball to be played all year. It’s one of the few things in life where people of all ages and levels of sports geekness can come together as one. It’s also something in which someone with little to no sports knowledge can defeat someone who watches college hoops religiously. My mom didn't know hardly anything about the teams last year but yet her bracket did better than most of the people in the same pool with her. As many of you know Celeste is a Duke fan and I am a North Carolina fan. We have some heated arguements over our teams at times (not really). So this is always a good time to see who's team is better.
Here is the run down for Celeste's bracket. Celeste's upset include: 1st Round - George Mason over Notre Dame, South Alabama over Butler, Siena over Vanderbilt, Oregon over Mississippi State, and Baylor over Purdue; 2nd Round - Michigan State over Pittsburgh, and a shocker West Virginia over Duke (Did I read that right?); 3rd Round - No upsets; 4th Round - Texas over Memphis, and Georgetown over Kansas. Celeste's final four are North Carolina, Georgetown, Texas, and UCLA with North Carolina and UCLA playing for the championship with UCLA winning it all (Of course, she can't pick the Tar Heels).

Here is the run down for my bracket. My upsets include: 1st Round - Arkansas over Indiana, Kent State over UNLV, Kansas State over USC, Davidson over Gonzaga, and Arizona over West Virginia; 2nd Round - Clemson over Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame over Washington State; 3rd Round - Louisville over Tennessee, Pittsburgh over Memphis, and Xavier over Duke; 4th Round - Georgetown over Kansas. My final four are North Carolina, Georgtown, Texas, and UCLA with North Carolina and UCLA playing for the championship with NORTH CAROLINA winning it all. "You got to love it baby!"
2 comments:
I guess I will have to pretend you guys are on vacation for the next month, so I don't get my feelings hurt when you don't answer your phone!J/K. Good luck and have fun!
Hey, ya, we'll for sure have to get together next time you guys are in the state! And good suggestion on the tagging, I was thinking it would be a lot more fun if more people did it. Hope you guys have a good Easter!
Post a Comment