Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Not Nice

A couple of months ago a lady in the ward asked us if we wanted her living scripture videos because all of her children are grown and she was trying to unclutter her house. So we lucked out a was given all the Book of Mormon videos and the Joseph Smith video. We thought they would be great for Brindi for Sundays. Our church is in the afternoon and one Sunday she asked to watch a video. We told her it had to be a church video. So I picked out my favorite one when I was growing up, Ammon and the Lamanites. It did not take long for Brindi to come back up stairs saying she did not like the movie. When asked why she said, "They are not nice!" So we tried another movie and again the same response. We have come to realize that not one of the Book of Mormon stories, in the eyes of a 3 year old, is a nice movie! Brindi is quite the innocent child and is not a chip off the old block as I remember watching Ammon chop off arms and loving it! Brindi does like the Joseph Smith movie but refers to it as the one "where the doctor cuts off the boys leg, ya know, ya know that one."

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is too funny. I showed that one to a primary class with 4 and 5 year olds. I think they pretty much all left the class scarred for life.

Chelsea said...

That post just made me laugh.