
My wonderful wife did a little bartering last week and traded her skills in canning chicken for a toddler bed for Brindi. Brindi was so happy when it was all put together. She laid on it and placed all her babies and stuff animals on it. It was really cute. We thought it would be an easy transition from the crib to the bed. So that night came and about 2 AM I awake to a little cute girl trying to climb into our bed. We tried to put her back in her bed but if we left she would follow. We would have to lay with her in her bed until she fell asleep and then come back to our bad only to have her come in about a hour later. Were not sure if the bed is such a great idea. We liked the idea of the crib and her inability to get out of it. Now she seems to find her way into our room every night, in the middle of the night. Any ideas anyone?
4 comments:
Ideas...yeah, get used to it! I've never had a kid that didn't come in at least some nights and we tried a lot of different things. It will also last for several years. Jordan will still come to our bed if he has a nightmare and he's six. We do just give him a kiss and send him back to his bed. But he has figured out that if he climbs in way down at the bottom (I'm short), we might not notice him and he can stay. There have been several mornings over the years where we have woken up with three kids in our bed. Having them sleep with siblings helps, but doesn't solve the problem entirely. Good luck.
BTW, Brindi's bedroom is absolutely adorable. I love it. And...way to go on the tractor quilt Celeste, it looks great!
We have been battling Easton on that since we moved in. What is working now is locking him in his room so when he wakes up, he can't get out. That only works sometimes because he has been able to unlock the door a few times. Good luck from us too!
The few tricks that I've heard about was putting up a gate on her door or putting a lock on her door but put the lock on the outside so you lock her in and she can't lock you out. Also, a friend of mine got her little a girl a tent for Christmas and now she sleeps every night in the tent and doesn't have any interest in sleeping in mom and dad's bed or her own. Good luck with that! I think I'll stick with a crib until Alex is 8!
My 1st thing is I dont let mine out of the crib until they climb out of it on a regular bases. 2nd I am all for turning the lock around and letting them know that if you have it you will lock them in. If they choose to get out then you stick to it.
Good luck!!!
Post a Comment