
My Grandma Lovell originally made this tractor blanket for my eighth birthday over twenty years ago. The blanket went through a lot over the years and was about to be retired. It was actually lost and my mom found it outside in the yard this past summer. My wonderful wife then took it and gave it a much needed face lift. The tractor is still original but the tractor was given a whole new field to work in and a new border. For those who remember the original will surely understand the work Celeste put into it. She said it took her the whole two weeks she stayed in AZ after I left. One of my favorite gifts and memories of my Grandma Lovell has been resurrected. Thank you so much Celeste. I love you.
5 comments:
You have a very talented wife to be able to resurrect your tractor. I had almost forgot about all the ones that Grandma made for all you grandkids. Nice memories to have.
I love my blanket from Grandma. It doesn't have to be resurrected, but now I know who can do it if it ever does! It looks great. Celeste is a great wife.
Sweet! Way to go Celeste! I didn't get an appliqued quilt, maybe she should make me one:)!
That is such a sweet gift!!! I am so impressed... looks like you have yourself a wonderful wife!!!
Love the quilt Celeste. Great job! Now you need a little boy to help ware it out again!
Post a Comment