
Summer means Vacation time and we decided to make it a Midwest vacation since we now live in the Midwest. Our location also enticed my parents and brother and his family to join us. We hit the majority of the church sites like Far West pictured above and Carthage, watched a White Sox/Royals game, explored Mark Twain's cave, rode a river boat, rode 10 roller coasters in 2 hours, rode to the top of the Gateway Arch, visited Daniel Boone's home, saw the Budweiser Clydesdales', watched the play "Meet me in St. Louis at the U.S.' largest outdoor theater, and ended with the Nauvoo Pageant. It was a great vacation especially because it was spent with family.

Brindi and Mom at the White Sox game in Kansas City. Below is our nephew Daxton at the game.


One of our first church stops was Liberty Jail. It was a really cool place to visit and be reminded of some of the great revelations Joseph recieved in Liberty.


Above you can see what the Jail looked liked when Joseph and others were held captive. Below is a picture of the front of the building.


Grandpa and Brindi hanging out at Far West.

Overlooking the Adam-ondi-Ahman valley. It is crazy to think of this valley being filled with all those of the world who have held keys. I think Brindi was also pretty impressed.


We were also able to go swimming one night where we introduced Kari to Chicken Fighting. Can you believe she has never played it before? Afterwards as we were relaxing in the Juccuzi, the hotel management came in to tell us the water had been contaminated with a poopy diaper. I thought it tasted a little weird!

While at Independance, Brindi loved playing in the kids area. Especially with this horse.


Once we arrived in St. Louis we went to Grant's Farm which is the homestead of Ulysses Grant and is owned by Anheuser-Busch which is one of the breeding sites for the famous Budweiser Clydesdale.

We also visited the Gateway Arch which represented the Gateway to the West and was near where Lewis and Clark started their quest to the pacific. I have to admit it was a little wierd riding in these small capsules to the top of the Arch, but it has some great views.


We visited Hannibal which is home to Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain. We saw a few cool exhibits about his life and his books. We also took a Steamboat ride up and down the Mississippi and explored the cave that is mentioned is the Tales of Huckleberry Finn.


We then made the drive up to Carthage to visit the famouse jail. It was a humbling experience being there. Something really special.


Out front of Carthage Jail in front of the statues of Joseph and Hyrum. My mom and dad were also determined to get Brindi walking by the end of the trip. Sad to say it didn't happen, yet.


Grandpa also thought he would help by dressing Brindi one day. She wasn't much a fan of the tube socks:) Below is also a picture of Brindi and Dax. She loved being around him and depending on her mood would want to hold him and hug him. It was really cute.


Brindi loved this stature in Nauvoo because the girl was her exact size. Also as you can see we try to imitate the sculpture, except Brindi would only walk towards Celeste.

We also thought we should try to imitate it for my mom and dad.


We visited everything we could in Nauvoo and saw several little plays and vignettes but the highlight for me was the pageant. It was amazing. Really well done.
8 comments:
That was a great summary of your vacation. I wish I was there. You did so many things. I'm glad you all had a great time.
Thanks for sharing it with us. Looks like a great trip. Someday for us.
What a great vacation. Little B is getting so big, I can't believe it.
OH MY GOODNESS! P.E.R.F.E.C.T vacation! I wish I could be at all those places right now. I LOVE all the church history sites, they really are incredible and spiritually uplifting. You guys really went all ovoer. I didn't know the arch had a ride? Hmm...I will have to check it out next time I'm there. CUTE PICS! You look great Celeste!
Wow!!! I forget to check your sight since it doesn't tell me when you've updated. Oh well. I do catch up sometimes. Mom is really missing Brindi. We miss you all too. Hope to see you soon. Loved catching up.
Oh my heck, I am still laughing about your immitation of walking. It is totally you, and I am impressed that your parents got involved. It sounds like it was a great trip, I would love to do something like that, if only I could get my husband to leave Holden haha! Cassa
You crack me up! I love all the pics and am extremely envious. Maybe someday we will get to do a trip like that.
Your hilarious Joe! I love it!
Post a Comment