
It is getting close to the end of the semester and my Major Professor wanted to do a culminating experience for all the students. We created an Outdoor Workshop which was a two-day campout where each of us created, led, followed, and played a bunch of recreational activities. Our deparment (HPERD) approved it and also funded the entire workshop. It was great. There were 20 of us that went. We had an opening and closing ceremonies and the other activities included: Frisbee Golf, Morse Code, GeoCaching, Extreme Crochet, Horseshoes, Orienteering, Flora/Mushroom Hike, Arts and Crafts, Stories, Tree Ball, Wiffle Ball, Skits, Biking, Paint Ball/Capture the Flag, and Canoeing. The semester is almost over and this was a great way to end my year of graduate school.

This is extreme crochet with two of my classmates. I took second.

We played Frisbee Golf through the whole area. Whoever won the hole would get to pick the next hole.
GeoCaching with Asmad. We cruised through the course and did the course faster than any other group. Too bad we didn't get a prize for that.
Dutch oven lasagna. I made a vegetable lasagna with white sauce. It was acutally pretty good for not having any meat.
Hanging out around the fire waiting for Dinner.
The Flora/Mushroom Hike. It was a little cold for Mushrooms but we did find some trillium.
You have to love playing Horseshoes if you go camping.
This was my Canoeing group. Out of the 8 canoes that went down the river, 4 of them tipped over. The water was freezing. Luckily my canoe was not one of the ones that tipped.

This is right before we played paintball. There is a ROTC guy in my class that was able to get us all the paint ball guns and paint balls for free along with our camoflage attire. I was ambushed and shot simultaneously in the ear and butt. What a way to be eliminated.
1 comment:
Hey you guys I wanted to comment on that cute belly, but I didn't want to do it way down there. Anyways, Celeste you look amazing! I saw a woman today and she was due in like a week and I thought did I look that big.... I sure hope not! I hope everything goes well for you and your sweet baby!
Post a Comment