After four years of teasing Grandpa Lovell about the Reds playing the Cardinals every fall he finally got to make the trip to come watch them play. I personally think he just got sick of us pestering him (Disclaimer: I have no shame because we will stoop pretty low to get visitors around here). We sure did love him coming out. Joe and him made it to all 3 games and the weather was great. The girls and I got to go Monday night with the boys, but decided Sylvan and Joe would get more game watching done the next two nights without the girls around. The girls did pretty good, but Brindi said she was ready to go home after about the 5th inning. THEN the next two nights when we got left, both girls broke down crying because they wanted to go with Grandpa. I think this is the first time Joe has ever been second best to anyone. Grandpa of course spoiled the girls and ruined them the first day by taking them to the store. Brindi thought she needed to go shopping with Grandpa everyday after that.
I would like to say I was a great tour guide during the day while Joe was at work, but the truth is I didn't have one fun place to take him. We should have made Amy come out too...she knows how to make sure there is never a dull moment instead poor Sylvan ended up sanding the stairs while he was here (THANK YOU!!!) and going to Home Depot multiple times.
The girls had a ball with Grandpa and both of them cried when he walked into the airport. Brooke was funny because it took a minute for her to realize that Grandpa wasn't coming back, but when she did she didn't like it and Brindi told me she hates goodbyes. Lucky for us we get to see Grandpa and Grandma in just a few short weeks!
1 comment:
I do still have lots I want to do in your area. But right now I wish I could just come and help you! I hated not having family around when JaCee was born.
Post a Comment