Monday, August 13, 2012

Luau

 One of my interns was doing her internship at a local parks and recreation department.  For her major project she implemented a Luau pool party so I just had to come and evaluate the program:)  Obviously the girls had to come with me.  It also gave Celeste some good alone time.
 We started out swimming for about a half hour in the kiddi pool.  Basically the only thing we did was the slide.  Brindi was so worried about the slide and had to hold my hand the first couple of times going down.  Brooke loved going down it on my lap.  Anyways, while we were still eating (smoked hog) Brindi took off without us and went back to slide and did it all by herself several times.  The picture below is one of those times.

 The main event was a hulu event with a group of Polynesians showing us how to dance.  Brindi loved getting up there and did really well following the instructions.









 I tried to stay out of it and just watch the dancing but was finally roped in during the last dance.  I was one of only three men and we were suppose to dance with the other Poly women.  Basically we stood behind then and were suppose to mimic their every move.  I think I did a pretty good job but I am sure if was a pretty funny thing to watch:)
Check out the link below for a video of Brindi dancing.

No comments: