I loaded up the girls and headed to the park the finally experience kite flying. Brindi got a kite for Easter two years ago and we never took it out...until now! It was a nice breezy day and now that the semester is over I decided to go in a little late and spend some time with the girls. I got Brindi off and running with her kite.
Look at her and the kite go.
She was able to get it really high.
Brooke wanted to be a part of the fun also so we tried to show her how to hold it but the slightest tug and Brooke let it fly solo...just as I snapped the picture. So click on this photo to make it larger and you will be able to see the string rolling on the grass away from Brooke and the kite soaring higher and higher as it can barely see it in the sky.
Luckily we were able to catch the kite and Brindi took it back and was getting a good handle on this kite flying idea. Then she start to let it go higher and higher and started to run with it and it kept going higher and higher until she was no longer holding any string. At this time I was taking care of Brooke and I look up to hear Brindi screaming and chasing her kite across the field. The kite had escaped us...but not from nature. see below. We ended the excursion spending a little while trying to get it down with no luck. Brindi was devastated! To cheer the girls up we headed to the playground for a little bit to help them get over the loss of their new good friend the kit.
1 comment:
Easton loves flying kites! It is so much fun. It looks like your girls had fun.
Post a Comment