Sunday, May 8, 2011
1/4 Century Old
Joe posted pictures, but I need to write about my birthday. Joe has always been a spoiler and very thoughtful. Rachel my running partner is going to be moving in September, so Joe got me an ipod shuffle so I wouldn't be lonely running. I've never had music or books to listen to while running, so I'm quite excited about it. If the shuffle wasn't enough he had a card with plane ticket info for Brooke, Brin, and I to fly into ABQ in June! I have to admit I was emotional all day. I miss the west SO bad(aka...my family/Joe's family), but have realized that our little family needs to stick together, so I wasn't planning on flying out early or staying longer like we have in the past without Joe. I was starting to wrap my mind around just being there for 3 weeks(I know it's sad that I don't think that is enough time). So it was a sweet surprise when I read the card!!! I was emotional because I know what went into making it possible for us to go. Maybe someday I'll be as unselfish as Joe. I had a great day...thanks every one for the gifts, cards, and emails, they really meant a lot. I wish you were all here to share the cake (actually maybe not). My visiting teacher made it...another thoughtful gift. It was chocolate cheese cake with caramel and nuts, with a cookie crust, covered with a layer of chocolate...lets just say it was AMAZING!!!I have never tasted something this good. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Late Birthday! I thought about you on your special day:) Your mom told me about Joe getting you a ticket out...yay! so excited to see you!
I am so happy you had a fabulous birthday. We are definitely excited to see you for our vacation and the 24th of July!
Gosh I wish I was there to taste the cake too! I used to leave Bret for 6 weeks, he does admit that was a big reason for moving home. He would join me for one or even two if we were lucky.
Post a Comment