As I have mentioned Brindi loves to "pretend" she has a baby where ever we go. Even if I bring one with us, she'd rather leave it in the car and just pretend she is carrying one. Well, she and I walked into Costco and she imediately puts her "baby" in a cart. I kept telling her we didn't need one because we were only taking something back and started walking to the return counter, but she would not budge, so I went to get her the cart. Well it was stuck to another cart so I grab a different one and started to walk away again telling her to come on. She starts screaming "no, no...my baby", so I go and pretend to grab her baby, but that apparently wasn't good enough because she had put "the baby" in the front seat so I go to the front and pretend to grab the baby again, still doesn't work. Anyway, by now I'm getting frustrated at her because she refuses to grab her baby and come. So I grab her and start to walk away with her screaming, kicking, and hitting. I glance at the lady at the enterance door,who is just staring at Brindi and don't even try to explain...I know thinking this child is insane! Right then a couple grabs the cart with her "baby" in it and the guy untangles it and sticks their kids in the back...this makes Brin lose it even more, so I brake down and ask the man if she can grab her baby out of the cart....he looks down and asks what baby and I then have to explain how it is a pretend baby. He just laughs and pretends to hand it to her...well apparently that was good enough because she stopped crying and puts her baby in the new cart, why it didn't work when I did the same thing is a mystery to me! All I have to say is Wow... I really don't know where she gets it.
5 comments:
Wow! You have a lot of patience. If it were my child, I would be so mad, but because she is my darling niece, I think it is so cute.
That is hilarious (not for you at the time i'm sure)! :)
I feel your pain, got to love 2 year olds...btw this is Laura:)
This story cracked me up! What a funny little girl :)
Laughing!!! She is adorable. Two year olds do test our patience, but they are so cute. I'm actually much more patient now than I used to be...even though I'm busier, I think I'm learning to enjoy things more and put up with their nonsense. (Most of the time that is.)
Post a Comment