Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Petersen Campout

We headed out west and our first stop was in Utah were we headed out to Oak City Canyon for the Petersen Campout. This is one of the funnest family get togethers we have each year. As you can see from above we spend a lot of time on the 4-wheelers and Brindi managed to swindle almost everyone into giving her a ride.
One day we hiked to the summit. There are some great views of both sides of the mountain including yuba dam. You can see how great of a hiker Brindi is as she trys to sleep on my head. She did make a good effort hiking with Robert and Kari. You can also see my sister Chelsea and John taking a leisurly stroll up the trail and of course my cute parents. At the top we got a family picture and the main picture is all the Lovells at the top of the summit.
These pictures are of our time in the tent. Brindi loved playing inside the tent and would keep telling Celeste and I to go away. I think it is because she kept looking and finding candy and gatorade that I was trying to hide in the tent. She is such a funny girl.
We also spent a lot time sitting around playing games and just visiting. We also had our annual night of singing around the camp fire.
The kids loved playing together. JaCee and Lexi were great watching and playing with Brindi. One of Brindi's favorite things was playing in the stream. It was hard to keep her out of it.
The two good looking folks above is the reason for all the madness that happens every year. It is always a highlight when we get to spend time with our Grandpa and Grandma Petersen. I love hearing my grandpas testimony every year and the love he has for his wife and all his posterity. The one picture is of the grandchildren in attendance and the other is of the great grandchildren.

3 comments:

Jackee said...

The Petersen campout is a fun tradition. Brindi is such a cute little thing. Ashlee wishes she would let Ashlee play with her, too.

Anonymous said...

DAHHH I just found out you're pregnant!! Congrats! I voted girl, but as the mom what do you think?!? I'm so excited for you! How are you feeling? Having 2 is a blast! Hoping the best for you guys!

Chelsea said...

It was fun. I am so sad we don't get to see you over Labor Day. Amy and I feel cheated - didn't see you enough!