5:30-6:30 TRY to drag myself out of bed to go running(Only happens when my friend Rachel is around) And think why in the heck do I even care...I'm going to gain 25 lbs either way...and no Joe, I promise your wife isn't getting wider by the day,your eyes must be watering from lack of sleep(Thanks to Brindi invading our bed every night.)
6:30-7:00- My two awesome/hansome, but sometimes CRAZY little boys show up, ages 4 and 6.
7:00-12:00ish....(Honestly who keeps track of time?)
- Today, we spent atleast 45 minutes arguing about who was bigger and fighting because both of them wanted to be the biggest, the argument then moved into "I'm running away just so you can't boss me around because you are younger than me". The arguement comes inside at this point and turns into..."don't touch my couch, don't touch my room" (Yes, I found out today that my front room is now claimed by a 6 year old, I guess that's why I've given up trying to keep it clean).
- This is all mingled with the random screams from Brindi because some one is touching one of her toys or she is trying to grab one of their toys...What can I say, my house knows how to share!(Through it all these are my responses, "Boys please take it outside or down stairs", "Don't jump on my nice couches", "Don't run on the carpet with those muddy feet", "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"...and the list goes on and on...and I'm realizing my worst nightmare has come true I am telling my kids everything my mom used to say that I SWORE I would never would...)
- Along with a load of laundry to wash Brindi's "accident" elmo/Abby underwear...after 2 or 3 lets go sit on the potty, nothing happens, we walk out the room, Brindi walks to the kitchen and all of a sudden she has a gallon of pee rushing down her legs...All I can say is at least she is poop trained right?(That's the blogging paradise syndrome coming out :), I will admit I can't be too upset since all our accidents have been mostly on the tile...
- I load the three kids(I know parents with 5-7 kids are thinking this girl doesn't have a clue...and you are completely right I don't....and I am happy in my apparent ignorance, can't you tell). We head down the street for a girls camp meeting, as I hear, "I'm not buckled up" and "Hey, you're going the wrong way" and I'm thinking, "man, I can't even get the kids in the car correctly and apparently I need directions from a 6 year old who can't even see out the window of the car". Anyway, we make it to the sister's house for the camp meeting...where my daughter cries pretty much the entire time we are there, all because I wouldn't give her any gum (thinking back...I'm wondering why in the heck I just didn't give it to her). This same angel of a child of mine proceeds to pee ALL over the wood floor, and yep you guess it, RIGHT after I got done taking her to go potty.
- We make it out the door to head home from the meeting, but not without walking out with someone elses keys and no cell phone. I get the boys loaded, but now after making herself at home, Brindi has decided she doesn't want to go, so the smart mother that I am tries to out think her. I get in the car with the boys, and start to drive away, but does my daughter care, oh no, she waves bye and walks towards the front do to go back in....I don't know why she can't just listen...but for Brindi it's always on her time table( And some how she still owns my heart)
I'm telling you the days just gets better and better...but I'll spare you the rest of the story, full of more accidents (one in the middle of daddy's softball game), Transfer fights, homework/class, and of course dinner leftovers(I'll admit it,I don't have dinner ready on the table as soon as Joe gets home...this is the real world, not blogging paradise remember). Well here is the moral of my story... I've come to the conclusion...No matter how much the other stuff (mentioned above) tries to sneak in and run my life, I don't think I could ever give up this crazy life our little family lives! So, I guess the paradise blogging syndrome is a good thing, because we really do have a great life, even if we're not constantly vacationing to exoctic places or trying to figure out how to spend millions! Well I hope you all had a good chuckle at our REAL life expense.
4 comments:
I think blogging about the good uplifts people.
Thanks for making my Friday Celeste!! My co-workers were wondering what was putting a smile on the face and the chuckle. Have a great 4th.
Good thing we all live in the "real world" or we would think you live in a circus!LOL! Loved reading this! Made me laugh!
I loved the post about "Brindi's Question"! So cute and creative! Are those my ginger snap cookies?
I think it will be a boy, but I have been wrong with both of my kidos. I just hope you get what you want!
I thought I would get Kadee trained this summer, but she has other ideas. One of these days. I had that life in Houston, I guess I still do, but now its my own kids instead of the neighbors.
Post a Comment